Help After the Disaster
Recovery is defined as: The return to normal conditions; the process of restoring a community to normal following a major disaster. Activities traditionally associated with providing Federal supplemental disaster recovery assistance under a Presidential major disaster declaration. These activities usually begin within days after the event and continue after the response activities cease.
The following topics offer links to web pages hosted by various federal agencies with programs to help you recover from disasters.
The Declaration Process
- Individual Assistance Program
- Public Assistance Program
Small Business Administration (SBA) -
- U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance
- The Facts About...Disaster Assistance Loans for Homes & Personal Property
- USDA's Disaster Assistance Emergency Help for Farmers
- USDA's Farm Services Agency Disaster Assistance homepage
- USDA's Food Safety web site
- Helpful Tips for Coping with Floods by the ND State University Extension Service